The Burlington area is a hub for refugees and immigrants in Vermont, but area officials and businesses are concerned about this population shrinking. Recent federal restrictions have limited the number of refugees coming to the state and there's another problem too: some New Americans are choosing to leave Vermont.
VPR's investigative reporter Emily Corwin has been looking into the care received by young psychiatric patients in crisis. As with adults, children and adolescents can spend days in hospital emergency departments. And some parents and doctors have complained about the quality and amount of care they receive from psychiatrists while in the ER.
- In Connecticut, The Costs And Benefits Of Shared Solar Are Tough To Calculate
- Vermont Officials, Businesses Concerned About Decline In Refugees
- Rocky Marciano’s Career Began With A St. Patrick’s Day Bout In Holyoke, Massachusetts
- Billboard Prompts Survivors Of Child Sexual Abuse To Come Forward, Decades Later
- Group Of Civilly Committed Men Sues Massachusetts Alleging Gender Discrimination In ‘Section 35’ Law
- Local College Admissions Advisers Say Scam Is Not That Surprising
In our effort to bring you more news and music with less on-air fundraising, VPR is about to do something bold: when you help us meet our $425,000 goal during the month of March, we'll skip the drive in June.
In this episode, we're answering your questions about...us! Why do you make But Why? How are podcasts made? And we're answering questions about the physics of sound and radio.
The idea for this project was brought to VPR by Paul Orgel, a well-known Vermont pianist, and a regular guest on our Live Performance Series starting back on Walter Parker’s show in the 1980s, when the studio was in Windsor. Performing the complete Chopin Nocturnes and Bach’s Well-Tempered Clavier Book II are both projects of Paul’s, and we were delighted to have him play and record some of them on our wonderful, still new, Steinway D that he and pianist Simone Dinnerstein helped choose for the station at the Steinway factory in New York.