Come work at Vermont Public Radio. Below is a list of open positions, including full-time, part-time and internships. Please apply today, and encourage your contacts to consider employment at VPR.
- Full-Time Morning News Editor
Full-Time Morning News Editor
Help VPR to bring the best in public radio news and programming to our Morning Edition audience as the station’s new Morning News Editor. Take a leading role in shaping the essential news of the day for thousands of VPR listeners and readers with breaking news and in-depth story-telling. This is a key role in creating and editing VPR’s newscasts, interviews, and issues coverage. Be responsible for the coordination of local and national programming, and produce the dazzling content that reaches our audience each day through many platforms.
Requirements include five years of experience in journalism and broadcasting. Essential skills required include news editing, reporting, experience with broadcast and digital platforms, and a strong ability to collaborate. Read the full job description for more information.
Applicants are required to fill out the job application and provide a cover letter, and resume. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only email applications are accepted; no phone calls please.
VPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
VPR Job Application
Applicants must submit a completed VPR job application.
Tips for downloading and completing the Application:
- Right-mouse-click on the VPR Job Application link above and select "Save As..." from the menu (Mac users try control+click). Save the Application into a folder you can easily find later and include your first and last names in the filename, e.g vpr-application-susan-stamberg.pdf.
- Find and open this file you just saved, vpr-application-susan-stamberg.pdf file. Most computers can open PDFs. If yours doesn't, you can download Adobe Reader for free.
- Complete the form electronically, do not print it out. All the fields are editable.
- Save your work often, as you fill it out (that's just good advice).
- Close the PDF when you're done.
- Open the PDF again and review it to make sure it looks correct (this is just more good advice).
- Attach your completed VPR job application - your file vpr-application-susan-stamberg.pdf - to your email when you apply, along with your resume and cover letter and any other materials required.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
Vermont Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. VPR provides employment opportunities to qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are dedicated to providing broad outreach regarding career opportunities at VPR and we seek the help of local organizations in referring qualified applicants to our station. If your organization distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers, or refers job seekers to employers and would like to receive job vacancy notices from VPR, please contact us.