VPR 2018 Murrow Awards Submission — Multimedia
In 2018, VPR’s website provided our audience with the ability to look up the number of speeding tickets issued in their town, submit marijuana legalization questions (and get them answered) and page through the results of Vermont’s only poll on statewide issues.
VPR’s multimedia approach helps us be more transparent in the data and sources we use and it brings our audience into the story process. Our website and social media channels let us play with formatting and tone, put the user experience first, and ultimately better connect with our audience.
Below are examples of VPR's multimedia approach in 2018.
- Live Updates And Photos: Town Meeting Day 2018 [March 6, 2018]
- After Marathon 10-Hour Debate, Vermont House Passes Gun Control Bill [March 23, 2018]
- Amid Boos And 'Thank Yous', Scott Signs Gun Control Bills [April 11, 2018]
- 2018 Winter Olympics: Vermonters In Pyeongchang, South Korea [January 2018 to March 2018]
- How The Russian Social Media Effort Boosted Bernie [March 1, 2018]
- Watch Your Speed: These Three Towns Issue A Quarter Of Vermont's Traffic Fines [April 24, 2018]
- JOLTED [September 2018]
- The VPR - Vermont PBS Poll [October 2018]
- A 5-Minute Wrapup On What Got Done During The 5-Month-Long Legislative Session [May 14, 2018]
- Act 46 Milestone: Education Agency To Release Proposed Statewide Merger Plan [May 31, 2018]
- Time To Vote 2018: VPR's Last-Minute Guide To Vermont's Statewide Candidates [Oct. 31, 2018]
- Is The Northeast Kingdom Really So 'Different'? [March 9, 2018]
- You Asked, We Answered: Vermont's Recreational Pot Law [June 29, 2018]