Since 1931—with a couple of exceptions—farmers have been getting together at this time of year for the Vermont Farm Show to socialize with other farmers and learn what's new in the agriculture world.
We'll be surrounded by hay bales and hay balers, horses and horse power when Vermont Edition broadcasts live from the annual Vermont Farm Show at the Champlain Valley Expo.
We talked to farmers and exhibitors to learn about the latest farm tech and the challenges facing the industry. Our guests were:
- Wendy Wilton, Vermont state executive director at USDA Farm Service Agency
- Eric Severy of Harvest Equipment in Swanton
- Judy Rosovsky, Vermont state entomologist
- Ken Hicks of Hicks Sales in East Corinth
- Stephanie Smith, chief policy enforcement officer for Vermont's Agency of Agriculture
- David Butler of Leader Evaporator Company of Swanton
- Steve Nurme of Resource Management Inc., of Holderness, NH
- Jackie Folsom, Vermont Farm Show vice president
Broadcast live on Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2019 at noon; rebroadcast at 7 p.m.