Cheap Thrills: Free (And Low-Cost) Fun In Vermont This Summer
These long summer days in Vermont are fantastic, but how do you get the most out of the season without breaking the bank? We crowd-sourced your ideas for inexpensive — better yet, free! — ways to enjoy summer.
Some of the ideas we've got covered include:
- Free library programs, with Joy Worland of Joslin Memorial in Waitsfield and Debbie Landauer of Fairfax Community Library
- Places to hike, with Mike DeBonis of the Green Mountain Club
- State parks for camping and day trips, with Craig Whipple of the Dept. of Forests, Parks and Recreation
- Where to take a dip in the water and cool off, with Erica Housekeeper of Happy Vermont
- How to get started with geocaching, with Alison Novak of KidsVT Magazine, which also publishes an annual Daytripper guide
And we heard from listeners! You told us about summer concerts on the town green, swimming holes, favorite hikes, cruising the free samples from artisan food vendors and scores more ideas.
Broadcast live on Friday, July 14, 2017 at noon; rebroadcast 7 p.m.