Milk, Hemp, Hay And More: Live At The 2020 Vermont Farm Show
What do new national trade deals mean for Vermont's dairy industry? Was last year's hemp harvest a boom or bust for Vermont growers? Vermont Edition broadcasts live from the Champlain Valley Expo Center and brings you the sounds and voices of the 2020 Vermont Farm Show.
Joining the show are:
- Wendy Wilton, State executive director for USDA, offers an update on federal trade deals like the US-Mexico-Canada agreement and agricultural product sales with China
- Laura Ginsburg, Agricultural development section chief with Vermont's Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets, gives an update on the state's dairy industry
- Stephanie Smith, Vermont Agency of Agriculture's chief hemp policy enforcement officer, shares the results of a survey of Vermont hemp producers and changes affecting hemp growers in 2020
- Megan Peek, Director of community relations at Blue Cross Blue Shield Vermont; she also serves on the board of the Vermont Farm Health and Safety Coalition
- Hugh Gibson, Member of the Vermont Beekeepers Association
- Dave Martin, President of the Vermont Sheep and Goat Association
- Sheep farmer Meaghan Audet from Cracked An Egg Farm in Brandon
Broadcast live on Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2020 at noon; rebroadcast at 8 p.m.