Child Care During COVID-19 And How It's Changing
On March 27, Gov. Scott issued an executive order extending the closure of child care programs for non-essential workers until further notice. This hour, we talk to child care directors whose programs are open amidst COVID-19, hear about what’s being done to help families get the child care they need and talk about what guidance the state is putting out for these programs.
Our guests are:
- Steven Berbeco, deputy commissioner of the Department for Children and Families
- Aly Richards, CEO of Let's Grow Kids, a nonprofit child care advocacy organization working with the state to connect essential workers with emergency child care
- Lola Duffort, education reporter for VT Digger
- Nicole Walker, director of AppleTree Learning Centers
- Mandy Chesley-Park, director of Expanded Learning Programs at Mount Abraham Unified School District and oversees MAUSD Essential Persons' Childcare
Broadcast live on Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at noon. Rebroadcast at 7 p.m.