Getting Through The Holidays During The Pandemic
Getting through winter and the holiday season can be hard for many, and now with the governor's order to refrain from seeing family and friends for the time being, it's likely to be even harder. This hour, we'll get advice on how to cope with stress and sadness. Plus we'll talk about ways to cultivate gratitude and joy, and give joy to others who may be struggling.
Our guests are:
- Emily Pichler, PhD, clinical psychologist at the University of Vermont Medical Center and in private practice
- Melissa Pasanen, a cookbook author and food and drink writer for Seven Days
- Cathy Aikman, program director of COVID Support VT
Resources to help you get through the holidays
Mental health resources:
- COVID Support VT: 866-652-4636
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- Vermont Suicide Prevention Center: Text VT to 741741
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE
- Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746
Food and nutritional resources:
Clothing and gift resources:
- Toys For Kids of Vermont: send toys to
Toys for Kids of Vermont, c/o Jerihill Ace Hardware, 249 Vt-15, Jericho, Vermont 05465
- Southeastern Vermont Community Action: 1-800-464-9951
Broadcast live on Monday, Nov. 16, 2020 at noon. Rebroadcast at 7 p.m.
We've closed our comments. Read about ways to get in touch here.