Music That Moved Us: Requesting Your Top Songs Of 2020
It's the most wonderful time of the year ... for Vermont Edition's annual music show, that is! Join us at noon on Wednesday, Dec. 23, for two hours of song, story and reflection.We want to know: What music was most meaningful to you in 2020? What songs captured moments of levity or kept you going during the hardest parts of the pandemic? What songs spurred your creativity in isolation, had you dancing in your socks or singing in your car? Were their albums that brought you home, or closer -- even if in spirit -- to loved ones?
Tell us what moved you and why!
Because of music rights issues, we won't be able to podcast the show, so be sure to listen live!
Psst: We will make a playlist! So tell your friends, and check back here after the show.
Here's a list of music from local artists, from VPR staff and listeners:
- Find My Way – DJ Craig Mitchell and Barika
- Into The Light – Danny Whitney
- Will – J Bengoy
- Mixtape – Nina’s Brew
- Troubled Mind – Noah Kahan
- Waiting Room – Fugazi
- Brothers – Troy Millette
- Megaphone – Joshua Glass
- Good Days Ahead – Peter Day
- I Did It To Myself – Francesca Blanchard
- Tower Junkeys – Joe Cool and the KGB
- Stay Home, Drink Beer – The Grift
- Stronger Than That - Patti Casey
- Hopped Up On Nog – Eric Bushey
- Good Night And Good Luck – Bob Wagner
- Pearl The Purple Pirate Princess – Rockin’ Ron the Friendly Pirate
- Chicken Pox – Stresselbee & Friends
- Here I Am (Dolly Parton cover) – Chazzy Lake
- Eyes In The Maze - Harpoons
For more great local music picks from Vermont artists themselves, head here.
We made a Spotify playlist of the picks from listeners* that we heard during the live broadcast:
And here is a Spotify playlist of picks* from VPR staff:
Looking for VPR's Bob Kinzel's top songs from 2020? Here is one of his Spotify playlists:
And here's another:
*Note that Spotify has some of these songs labeled as "explicit."
Broadcast live on Wed., Dec. 22, 2019 at noon; rebroadcast at 7 p.m.
We've closed our comments. Read about ways to get in touch here.