'They Are Us,' Part 2: Home
There are Vermonters who experience psychiatric crises for years — and repeated visits to emergency rooms and psychiatric hospitals. Where do they go when they leave the hospital? And why do they keep coming back? This is a story about the role housing plays in mental health.
Listen to the full episode above. Have feedback or a story to share? You can leave a comment on our main series page.
- Ken Libertoff, former director of the Vermont Association for Mental Health
- Louis Josephson, president and CEO of Brattleboro Retreat
- Brian Lincourt, night charge nurse at Brattleboro Retreat
- Connie Stabler, mother and Howard Center board member (the Howard Center is a VPR underwriter)
- Karl Jeffries, unit chief for adult inpatient unit at Brattleboro Retreat
Aired on VPR on Tuesday, Nov. 13 at 5:44 p.m.