2019 Vermont Book Award Finalists Announced
Ten books have been selected as finalists for the 2019 Vermont Book Award, including two different works by the same writer.
"We have our first double finalist this year," said Miciah Gault, who organizes the award and teaches in the MFA in Writing and Publishing program at Vermont College of Fine Arts.
The literary prize, administered by VCFA, is now in its fifth year of honoring works by the state's authors. The 2019 finalists were first announced on VPR's Morning Edition by Gault, who also said the award winner will be announced at a gala in Montpelier on Nov. 9.
Listen to the announcement above and find the list of finalists below.
The 2019 Vermont Book Award Finalists
- The Season of Styx Malone, by Kekla Magoon
- A Stitch In Time, by Daphne Kalmar
- Drunk in the Woods, by Tony Whedon
- The Animal One Thousand Miles Long: Seven Lengths of Vermont and Other Adventures, by Leath Tonino
- My Bishop and Other Poems, by Michael Collier
- Age of Glass, by Anna Maria Hong
- Box, by Sue D. Burton
Disclosure: Vermont College of Fine Arts is a VPR underwriter.